KMcElman_100502_3813_S2 KMcElman_100416_0097 letter A DSC_0249 letter O IMG_5694_2 DSC_0020_8 KMcElman_100416_0069 letter K Brentwood Business Park

Monday, August 9, 2010

Tool 3

I really enjoyed this tool! I had a little trouble figuring out how to actually get it on my blog, but thanks to the help of one of my trusty colleague (Ashley Love), I finally got it. This is great, and it was so easy. It will be really fun and creative to use with the kids. Using tools like this is especially catchy to me because it's appealing to the eye. I need a little color to keep my attention.

For the "Shadow Oaks" at the top I used Flikr. It was super easy. It would be great for word study lessons or practicing spelling words. So many great literacy lessons could come from using something like this.

My next little project was done using Big Huge Labs. I chose a motivator poster. I'm really excited because I finally get to use my favorite picture ever. I've been dying for this picture to make it's break into the world, and what better way than to post it on the internet? This is a picture of my Mom, my dog, Pax, and I on Christmas. Pax is very intellegent. He loves to read. He chose to read a book that he could relate to, so he picked a book titled "Boxer," since Pax is a white boxer. So as you can see, Pax picked a "just right book" and made a text to self connection. He's one of my favorite students!

No comments:

Post a Comment